Purchasing faux shoes, handbags, or sunglasses is a big no-no in the fashion world. Thank goodness this is not the case for roofing. Top-of-the-line roofing materials, like authentic slate, will give your home a sophisticated look. But why purchase it if you can get the synthetic option at a cheaper price with the same benefits? Synthetic slate can give your home that classic look, without hurting your wallet.
Never has there been a roofing material that surpasses the beauty and quality of slate. Properly installed slate is resistant to fire and harsh winds, and it can last over 100 years. You’re probably already jumping for joy about how amazing authentic slate is, but hold your horses; there are reasons why everyone does not have a slate roof.
- Heavy is an understatement. A slate roof cannot be installed on every home because of how heavy it is. Your home’s frame might not be able to hold the weight.
- You will break the bank. Authentic slate is one of the most expensive roofing materials available. Moreover, installation is often difficult, taking an extended time to finish the job.
- Keep up with the keep up. Slate shingles, while durable, can crack during installation or by contact from debris. The roof will last a long time, but repairs may be necessary throughout its lifetime. Repairs can be expensive when involving authentic slate.
Made from a combination of rubber and plastic, these modern day faux shingles have all of the advantages of authentic slate. Synthetic slate will wow your neighbors and keep your wallet full.
- The material keeps your roof together. Since the synthetic slate shingles are made from a rubber and plastic combination, cracking is not as common. Thanks to its durability, even impact from debris usually won’t cause cracks and damage. Your roof will also be easier to walk on if there is ever a need to go up there.
- Installation is as easy as 1-2-3. The weight of a synthetic shingle is about a quarter of what an authentic shingle weighs. This will make transportation, installation, and repairs that much easier. It is also easier to cut and will sometimes have nail marks for an efficient installation.
- Let the savings begin! Going the faux route can sometimes cost you half of what it would cost to install an authentic slate roof. You’ll save on price per square foot, installation, and on future repairs since synthetic slate rarely cracks.
- Can you tell the difference? Unless you’re an expert or looking at it from roof level, telling the difference between authentic and synthetic slate is not easy. Get the same look, but with added benefits.
Authentic slate has been used for centuries because of its quality and look. In today’s modern age, synthetic slate is taking over quickly. With a similar lifespan, look, and quality, there’s no reason not to go synthetic. The next time your roof needs replacing, consider synthetic slate as a viable option. As for the installer, consider Preferred Exterior to get the job done! With GAF Master Elite Installers, you’ll know your roof will be made of the highest quality material and will be installed by the highest quality installer. To learn more about synthetic slate, give us a call at (516) 354-7252.