So your home needs new siding, but you’re not sure where to start? After looking through all of the siding companies in your geographic location there will be a few potential candidates. You’ll want to task them a few questions before getting started.
- What Brand and Type of Siding is Recommended? – If you’re not sure which material you want covering your home you can ask the professionals for their opinion. Ask which brand and material is most reliable, cost-effective, and lasts the longest. Whether you decide on James Hardie Plank or vinyl siding, it’s always good to get a second opinion.
- Can I Add in More Insulation? – If you’re looking to protect your home from harsh temperatures, now is the time to do so. It doesn’t make sense to add this material in at a later date. If the siding is being replaced or repaired, add insulation in now.
- How Long Have You Been in Business? – Are you going to trust the business that’s been around for three years, or 40 years? There’s a reason some businesses have been around for so many years. You’ll rarely see a bad company in business for a half-century.
- Are You Licensed? – This one goes without saying because you’re under the impression that this is a professional company. If there’s one thing that professional companies have, it’s licences and certifications.
- Are You Insured? – Accidents happen, but they’re not okay if no one is held accountable. A good siding company will not only have their licenses, but they should also be bonded and insured. Always ask to see the certification of insurance to be sure. It’s better to be safe than sorry when hiring a contractor.
Once you ask these questions you should know which contractor to choose and you’ll have an idea about the type of siding you want. When you want a siding contractor that’s been in business for 40 years, is licensed, bonded, and insured; contact the expert installers at Preferred Exterior. To learn more, or to schedule a free estimate, give us a call at (516) 354-7252.