When it comes to spring cleaning, most people focus on decluttering their homes, garages and updating their outdoor space.
While it is important to deep clean your home, it’s also critical that you don’t forget about your ever-so-important roof and gutter system.
A Quick Home Inspection Checklist
- After the long winter months of rain and wind, the roof and gutters are going to be full of debris. If left unattended, all that debris can clog your gutters resulting in damage to your roof or siding. Remove any debris from the roof, while also clearing the gutters of possible leaves, sticks, nests, etc.
- Once your roof and gutters are clear, you need to make sure all the gutters are still properly attached — and re-adjust any that are not.
- Look for any loose or missing shingles — and check the condition of the chimney and its flashing while you’re up there.
- Inspect your siding and give it a good power washing if it’s made from vinyl or fiber cement.
- Make sure there are no holes or loose edges in any of the windows and door screens where bugs could break through during spring and summer.
While owning a home can prove to be very rewarding, not many people enjoy (or have time for) all of the proper maintenance required to keep up with the home.
That’s where our pros at Preferred Exterior come in!
We have certified installers of all major manufacturers of roofing and siding products (fully insured and licensed). We offer a list of services that are important to keeping your home safe.
For our residential customers, we offer many services including:
Roof Repairs & Installation:
- Roof Removal and Replacement
- Slate Roof Removal and Replacement
- Slate Roof Repair
- Synthetic Slate
- Cedar Shake Removal
- Plywood Replacement
- Copper Chimney and Wall Flashings
- Residential Flat Roof
- Standing Seam Roof
- Seamless Gutters and Leaders
- All types of Ventilation Systems
Home Siding Repairs & Installations:
- Vinyl Siding/Soffit and Trim
- Seamless Gutters & Leaders Window/Door Installations
- Installers of James Hardie Plank siding
- Installers of all Azek products
- Entry Doors
- Storm Doors
- New Construction Windows
- Replacement Windows
If you need some work done on your home, don’t hesitate to call us! We would love to help with all your roofing and siding needs. Your free estimate awaits you!