If you are planning for a new roof installation, it’s important to know what to expect and how to prepare. Once construction begins, your home then becomes a work zone, so it’s important to keep safety in mind.
By prepping properly, you can help ensure that your roof installation project goes off without a hitch! Here are some things you should do prior to your roofing installation project:
- Keep Your Lawn Cut Short – It’s easier to clean up construction debris when grass is kept short. It will also make it easier to find smaller items, such as nails, for faster cleanup.
- Remove Satellite Dishes – If you have antennas or satellite dishes on your roof they should be removed before construction commences. Don’t attempt to remove them yourself. Contact your satellite provider to have them removed by an experienced professional.
- Relocate Outdoor Furniture – Outdoor furniture, lawn ornaments, potted plants and barbecue grills should be relocated to an area away from a work zone. The best place to store these items would be in a garage or shed that is located far from construction.
- Cut Back Branches – Branches that are close or dangling over your roof should be cut back so your contractor can easily access all areas of your roof.
- Pinpoint Outdoor Electric Outlets – Your roofing contractor is going to be using power tools and will need access to electrical outlets. Exterior outlets are the best place for your roofer to plug in, however, if you don’t have any installed outside, then advise them where they are located in your garage.
- Keeping Family and Pets Safe – When roofing construction is in progress it’s important to keep children and pets away from the work zone. Extension cords and other equipment will be prevalent so it’s best to keep kids and pets indoors or visit with friends and family during a roof replacement.
Whether you need to repair or replace your existing roof, Preferred Exterior can help! With decades of roof installation experience, we can handle the toughest of roofing jobs. Contact us to learn more about our roofing services!